Summary of Club Rules
SOME OF THE RULES DISPLAYED AT THE POOL
The pool is small which imposes limitations on its safe use.
NO DIVING (GBC safety recommendation) The pool is not deep enough to allow this
NO BOMBING (GBC safety recommendation) This could obviously represent a danger to others, especially so when the pool is crowded.
NO INFLATABLES (GBC safety recommendation) No large tyres, li-los or similar may be used in the pool. Individual small scale flotation aids such as arm bands and back packs may be used.
NO THROWING Throwing of items such as wet tennis balls is a danger to all inside the enclosure.
FURTHER GBC SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
MAXIMUM NUMBER IN THE POOL ITSELF = 50.
Please use your good judgement to avoid the dangers of overcrowding.
CHILD SUPERVISION* Young persons under 16 who cannot swim one width must be accompanied IN THE WATER by a known adult.
Child under 5 years 1 to 1
Children 5 to 10 years 1 supervisor to 2 children
Children 11 to 18 years a maximum of 6 children to 1 adult.
*Supervision means that you must remain within the pool compound and be able to SEE the children in your care.
CLUB RULES which ALL Members have signed up to:
1. The Pool may be used from 6am to 9pm from May to August 31st and from 6am to 7.30pm between September 1st and September 31st.
2. A Full Member (over 18 years) must be in attendance at all times when the Pool is in use.
3. Young persons under 16 who cannot swim one width must be accompanied IN THE WATER by a known adult. All young persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by a known adult member at all times within the pool enclosure whether in or out of the water. If you are found to have left a young person or persons unattended within the enclosure your membership will be terminated.
Child under 5 years 1 to 1 (*)
Children 5 to 10 years 1 supervisor to 2 children
Children 11 to 18 years a maximum of 6 children to 1 adult
(Supervision means that you must be able to SEE the children in your care).
* Babies under the age of 6 months are not allowed in the water as the pool water chemicals may affect sensitive skin.
4. Only full members may be issued with a Gate Card for which they are responsible. Members are not permitted to lend or transfer their gate cards. If a gate card is lost or stolen the Member must report this to the SSPC Membership Secretary without delay. Do not open the gate to any person claiming that their card is not working or claiming to have forgotten their card. If you are found to do so your membership may be terminated.
5. An ADULT member must sign in the book provided in the turnstile room on each visit.
6. Members may invite guests to the Pool at the cost set for that season. Members must sign in guests, deposit appropriate guest tickets in the receptacle provided and ensure that their guests are made aware of and comply with the rules displayed at the pool.
7. Members must ensure that their guests are made aware of and comply with the rules displayed at the pool.
8. All Members are responsible for their own behaviour and that of their family and guests. All those using the pool will take all reasonable care for the safety and welfare of themselves and other pool users.
9. The Club cannot be held responsible for the safety of Members and their guests nor is the Club responsible for any articles brought to the Pool by any Member or guest. Accordingly the Club shall not be liable for any damage, injury or loss arising from the acts or omissions of Members and guests. Members and guests will indemnify and keep indemnified the Club against any liability for damage, injury or loss which may arise from their acts or omissions.
10. All persons within the Pool compound are bound both by these Rules and the Rule Boards displayed at the Pool, and to conduct themselves in a sensible, safe, and civilised manner. If there is any infringement of these rules or anti-social behaviour observed, those involved will be asked to leave the pool enclosure immediately and the Committee can at their discretion cancel membership of the Club without financial reimbursement and with immediate de-activation of the gate entry card.
11. Within the pool enclosure the following restrictions apply.
No dogs or other animals allowed.
No alcohol is allowed (except as provided at an official Club event).
No smoking is allowed. No electronic cigarettes are allowed.
No bicycles, scooters, skateboards or similar are allowed.
12. The Chairman may appoint or remove Trustees as provided by the Constitution of the Club.
13. An Officer of the Club may close the Pool and/or Pool compound at any time and without notice in the interests of safety or for purposes of repair/maintenance or for any other reason.
N.B. All Members are advised that the Club is a voluntary non-profit making organisation. It cannot and does not employ any qualified staff, and in particular
THERE ARE NO LIFEGUARDS, FIRST AID OR SUPERVISORY PERSONNEL IN ATTENDANCE.
A FIRST AID KIT AND ACCIDENT RECORD BOOK CAN BE FOUND IN THE SIGN IN ROOM.
These rules are subject to amendment at the discretion of the Shere Swimming Pool Club Committee.