SHERE SWIMMING POOL CLUB
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 30th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of
Shere Swimming Pool Club will be held at 8 pm on WEDNESDAY 31st OCTOBER 2018
in the TANYARD HALL, GOMSHALL
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
2. MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF 18th October 2017
3. MATTERS ARISING
4. COMMITTEE’S REPORT
5. TREASURER'S REPORT
6. APPOINTMENT OF EXAMINER (AUDITOR)
7. ELECTION OF OFFICERS - Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Membership Secretary
8. ELECTION OF COMMITTEE
9. SUBSCRIPTION RATES 2019 - These will be discussed at the Meeting.
Current: Family Membership £80 : Single Membership £40. All ages guest fees £1.00.
10. ENROLMENT PROCEDURE for 2019
11. THE FUTURE OF THE POOL – discussion of options.
12. ANY OTHER BUSINESS Ratify changes to the Constitution (see below)
Items 7 & 8 of the Agenda
The Committee consists of : Four Officers; Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Membership Secretary; the elected Committee Members; up to two co-opted members; the Parish Council Representative.
The Four Officers are elected for one year only, but can be re-elected indefinitely. The current officers are:
Chairman: David Roe willing to stand again
Treasurer: Peter Gellatly willing to stand again
Secretary: Jenny Taylor willing to stand again
Membership Secretary: David Pryor willing to stand again
Committee Members are elected for a term of two years and on completion of the term can be nominated and re-elected for a further two years.
The present Committee is:
Ian Allen served two years willing to stand again
Jason Allen resigned
Jackie Cox served two years willing to stand again
Betty Fitzpatrick served one year
Steve Moggs served two years willing to stand again
Clive Stevens served two years willing to stand again
Richard Stoten served two years willing to stand again
Roger Troughton served two years willing to stand again
Janek Wichtowski served two years - resigning
Marion Taylor Cotter served one year
Tillie Williams served one year - resigning
Alissa Collingwood Shere Parish Council Representative
NOMINATIONS required: FOUR Officers; SIX Existing and THREE New Committee Members
Offers from anyone willing to stand for any position: Officer ; Committee Member, or become a co-opted Member, would be most welcome.
Secretary: Jenny Taylor, Town Clays, Gomshall Lane,Shere, Guildford, GU5 9HE Tel. 01483 202317,
Proposed Changes to the Constitution:
The Constitution hasn't been reviewed since 2009 and a number of inconsistencies have been identified. The key changes are as follows:
- to adjust the Objects of the Club - this will assist with any grant bids to organisations such as the London Marathon Charitable Trust.
- to clarify Membership to:
- limit the maximum number of members (a requirement of the Parish Council);
- to clarify the age limit (primarily so that children over 18, but still at school, can be counted as children within a Family);
- to require Members to sign a copy of the rules;
- to provide a process to deal with Members who fail to comply with rules.
- to include the Membership Secretary as a Club Officer (previously this post was ex-officio).
- to enable the Committee to have more than four elected members (essential given the increased responsibilities that the Committee is faced with).
- to clarify the situation under which the Pool compound may be closed (this would normally be for Health & Safety reasons).